Access and participation options
RT1 is open to account servicing payment service providers (AS-PSPs) adhering to the EPC SCT Inst Scheme.
Participants have multiple access and participation options to connect to the service. The RT1 access model has been designed to allow fair and open access to the service, with the goal to efficiently build reach across Europe.
- Participants can themselves set up a connection with the system to exchange messages.
- Participants can be serviced participants relying on a liquidity provider to support them with liquidity services or on technical service providers to support them with connectivity or other technical services
- Entities can become addressable PSPs to be reachable in the system via a participant.
Cooperation models to facilitate access
- Participants can offer liquidity and/or connectivity services to other participants or intermediary PSP services to non-participating PSPs in order to support reachability of these 'addressable PSPs'.
- Technical service providers (e.g. ACHs, service bureaus) can support participants in connecting to the system.
- Liquidity providers can support users by providing/managing liquidity to fund/withdraw funds from a position in the system.
Overview of different options to connect to or access the system
How AS-PSPs can use the system by leveraging liquidity providers
EBA CLEARING supports direct technical connectivity relying on service providers
EBA CLEARING contributes to the efforts of service providers delivering support services as described above by:
- giving these service providers access to its instant payment test environment and tools
- actively supporting the co-operation models developed for serviced participants in the live system by involving service providers in the IP service roll-out and communication process
For further information, please also refer to: "Ensuring a smooth take-off for euro instant payments: A white paper on pan-European infrastructure considerations", available for download here.